Affidavits of labor

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Affidavits of labor

Postby golden optimist » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:16 am

Got this years printed out and notarized. Next week I'll make a trip to Cheyenne to the BLM and get them stamped. I'll leave them with a stamped copy and I'll mail the original to the county. I don't trust the mail for the BLM's copy. Never had a problem but there's always a first time. I'll go to Denver with my other 2 in the next couple of weeks.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Affidavits of labor

Postby Hoser John » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:09 am

law says you must file in county first , get it stamped and THEN file recorded original( only in blue ink fill in info spaces) with BLM :shock: They sent mine back last year because John and I signed in black ink(can't tell if a copy as MUST be original ) and refilled in blue and good to go. I remember years back black only but game changes all the time as they yank our chains....John
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:24 pm

I've always filed a new claim at county first but have always done BLM first for affidavits. I sign in black although I noticed that the notary was stamped in blue.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Hoser John » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:44 am

Here they get rejected without the tax collectors stamp on the form, even when no taxes due. That segregation bs took my mining rights on 1 out of 2 claims in trinity county so I don't have to pay the Usury tax for 20 years on that one BUT will mine and do what I damn well feel like anyhow.....F'M' time-John :twisted:
Hoser John

Postby OKJohn » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:02 pm

Some of the laws have become adjustable by the bureaucrats, leaving us miners in the dark as to what we are "supposed" to do. When I filed my last claim notice in Colorado, the county clerk's office said they would no longer record placer notices until after the BLM had done their due diligence to verify that the land was open and available. The county clerk was clueless. I talked to the state BLM office about it, and they just laughed. BLM processed it first, and then I sent to county. All was well. Luckily no one else filed for the area during that period, or it could have gotten ugly.

Laws that are selectively enforced are the most dangerous kinds. Seems those are the common ones in mining, because few people really know the miners' rights (including county/state/federal officials).
OKJohn

Postby Hoser John » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:15 am

There is no homogeneous application or interpretation of law anymore and insidious rules rule the day made by local yokel BLM/FS bureauratz with no color of law really-John :evil:
Hoser John

Postby dickb » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Yes... the minestopos are still in control. Wish things would start going our way, but the people that are suppose to be serving us ARE NOT!

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby Hoser John » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:45 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA friggn' MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN brother :twisted: -John
Hoser John

Return to Mining Claims Information