Corner marker/monuments

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Corner marker/monuments

Postby Plumas » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Corner markers/monuments on placer claims required in CA? If so, what is the minimal-cheapest way to go?
Plumas
Ah ain't no flatlander!
Plumas

Re: Corner marker/monuments

Postby golden optimist » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Being California, I wouldn't be surprised if a full sized Washington Monument isn't required at each corner.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Plumas » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:15 pm

Oh now Leonard..

We had a lively discussion on this 10-15? years ago. The drift I have is of under USGS. survey the legal description indicates the corner positions and no corner monuments are required. But in the process of helping a friend file his first claim and working on the claim location notice. It's question 6C on the form asking for a description of each monument that is bugging me. Been a long time since I filled one of these out and grey hair slowly sucking out brain cells..

Plumas
Ah ain't no flatlander!
Plumas

Postby LipCa » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:15 am

LipCa

Postby Hoser John » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:18 am

Taken by legal subdivision just a discovery monument works but I just busted my arse yesterday...all day...replacing old/shot up and torn down signs on 3 of my claims. If you don't mark/post how can you complain about felony mineral trespass??? Sometimes the law is lax but common sense rules the day.. John
Hoser John

Postby Plumas » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks Lip and Hoser.

Discovery post is a given and same with the signs. Thanks again guys! Always nice to learn not all of my brain cells have leaked out with age. Never thought I'd be filing a new claim, not natural these days and this claim has 16 corners. Thank god for the rule of law! That's a lot of corners!!

Plumas
Ah ain't no flatlander!
Plumas

Postby Hoser John » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:51 am

16 corners???? The shape must conform to rigid requirements on a topo. See examples in the link above. John
Hoser John

Return to Mining Claims Information