New claim reminder

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

New claim reminder

Postby Plumas » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:56 am

A reminder if you filed a new placer claim after Sept. 1, 2015 you are now required to also file an annual Notice of Intent to Hold. Like mill site and lode claims it's due to BLM. by December 31. Now the sneaky part. The NOI. must also be recorded at the recorders office just like your assessment work. The catch? Per BLM., it must be recorded with the county prior to September 30 then mailed to BLM..

This came up with a friend who filed a new claim last March. He contacted BLM to have them mail the proper NOI. form. BLM. guy on the phone explained to be sure to record the NOI. with the county no later than 9/30. If you've already mailed you small miner and assessment forms in for your claim, LR2000 will show your claim status as code 481 which is a hold until the NOI is received.

I cut and pasted the below from BLM's instructions on how to file a mining claim.

For placer and lode claims you list on your waiver that were located since September 1, 2015, you must file a 2016 Notice of Intent to Hold along with a $10 processing fee per claim. We can mail you a California form to do this or you can modify an Assessment Form by lining-out the title "Affidavit of Annual Assessment Work - Proof of Labor" and in its place write, "Notice of Intent to Hold - Mining Claim."

The internet is nearly void of information on this new requirement. Give BLM. a call if you have questions.

Plumas
Ah ain't no flatlander!
Plumas

Re: New claim reminder

Postby golden optimist » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:39 pm

My claims are all older than that. I just switched over to paying the $155 per year on 2 of my claims. It's easier for me. I file my affidavit of labor for this year before the end of this year and I paid the $155 for the 2 claims for next year. I'll have to file a intent to hold next year and pay pay the $155 before sept 30 next year. I haven't seen a "intent to hold" form for the county. I'll file my affidavit of labor and file with the county this year and find the form next year for filing.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Hoser John » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:05 am

Amen my paperwork done, convolution is not the solution to this BLM insanity. They are now trying to ditch the small miners exemption so all MUST pay to rent your own claims ....sic sic sic sic :evil: John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:47 pm

Can a person "mark" his claim like the bears do????? :twisted:
russau

Postby Plumas » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:57 pm

"They are now trying to ditch the small miners exemption so all MUST pay to rent your own claims ....sic sic sic sic :evil: John"

I'm also hearing they hope to raise those maintenance fees as well. Would likely be the end of it for me. My claims used to provide a tidy profit but with the dredging ban they've become a lot of hassle with little return and I'm getting older. My annual week+ spent whacking back my brushy access road getting harder and harder. But I've hung on this long thinking if I give up they won. Lord I miss those good ol' days!

Plumas
Ah ain't no flatlander!
Plumas

Postby Hoser John » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:17 pm

Amen as the dogs at BLM just stole my mineral rights on the trinity for 20 years due to their newest greatest pile of crappola-"segregation" under restoration plan gives them &^%$#@ 20 years to see if they want to do anything there and NO mining at all allowed. F'M ain't no radio station anymore. John :evil:
Hoser John

Return to Mining Claims Information