SB 2 Califorina recording fee increase

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

SB 2 Califorina recording fee increase

Postby Plumas » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi all

Looking for clarification of SB 2 which was signed by Gov. Brown last fall and tacks on an additional $75.00 fee for recording documents at the local county recorders office. The additional fee is supposed to raise about 500 million a year for housing for poor people and farm workers.

Nowhere do I see an exemption for the annual filing/county recording fees on a mining claim. Does anybody know if claim owners fall under an exemption or, once again are we getting the shaft?

Plumas
Ah ain't no flatlander!
Plumas

Re: SB 2 Califorina recording fee increase

Postby golden optimist » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:44 am

Nothing to do with your problem but I was at the county and the BLM yesterday trying to get payment of my maintenance fee recorded. The county doesn't have any problems with affidavit of labors but if you pay the $155 they don't want to accept the paperwork that the BLM gives you. They just say don't sweat getting anything recorded. If the BLM is happy, so are they. The lady at the BLM says that isn't what the state law says. She is going to talk to the county.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: SB 2 Califorina recording fee increase

Postby Hoser John » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:34 am

:shock: wow Leonard you state never stops amazing me?????John
Hoser John

Return to Mining Claims Information