Trinity County Kalif Quit Taxing Claims

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Trinity County Kalif Quit Taxing Claims

Postby Hoser John » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:06 am

Stopped in to record my annual labor yesterday,on my way to reclaimanate, and go to the tax collector to find out where my usury tax bill was. Was told by the assessor that SINCE THE DREDGING BAN WAS PUT INTO EFFECT THAT MINING CLAIMS ARE VIRTUALLY WORTHLESS. Told him I was the one sending the letters to that effect and was thanked. Remember in most counties tax must be made prior to filing annual labor or you will be rejected and miss your legal filing window. Cheaper to keep'm now and still beating up Shasta county to stop this tax bs too-John
Hoser John

Re: Trinity County Kalif Quit Taxing Claims

Postby russau » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:15 am

Hmmmmm! a new twist!
russau

Postby gremlin » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:56 am

keep up with the paper work. gold is getting higher. one of the brain dead will figer this out and want to rase taxes on gold claims. the fun part is if you can not get the gold out its worthless.
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Postby Bnugget » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:28 pm

I got the same reply from them.
"Turns out my wife's not the Gold Digger, I am...Go figure"
Bnugget

Postby CalGoldDredger » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Good thread missed. I will have to look into this myself.
CalGoldDredger

Postby gremlin » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:03 pm

every one should push to have the taxes taken off the books on the claims. i have a feeling when every one looks at the amount of cash the gold mines bring in there mite be a change in the rules.
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Postby dickb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:11 pm

I would be concerned that if the claim is declared worthless, then it can be closed and eliminated from the county records. It might be a ploy to cancel all of the present claims so that in the future there are no bonafide mining claims on the county record and no registered claim holders. This Moratorium is suppose to last for 5 years if I remember right. I wouldn't trust CA at all!

MONEY TRANSFERED = OWNERSHIP = PROPERTY VALUE= PROPERTY RIGHTS Now add the word NO in front of each word?

For a contract to exist there needs to be two parties to the contract, conditions for the contract, agreement to the contract and transfer of money, AT Least $1.00.
Somebody needs to look into this from a Legal perspective.

IMHO :?

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby CalGoldDredger » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Good Point, Dick.
State might miss out on taxes for something that would not be as valuable as it stood when claimed but the Feds would still get your annual money for Maintenace fee (not from me) or assessment filing fee. Still very good point.
CalGoldDredger

Postby russau » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:29 pm

I can see California running itself into the ground over things like this and then demanding that the federal gubermint bail them out..i can also see that there are other states watching for this golden parachute for their state aswell! and all the dems are still sitting there waiting for their free stuff from o. but hes already given it away!
russau

Return to Mining Claims Information