Small miner's waiver...

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Small miner's waiver...

Postby tcfifer » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:54 pm

What do you suppose the BLM would do if someone's small miner's waiver was filed after the 9-30 deadline?

TC
tcfifer

Re: Small miner's waiver...

Postby golden optimist » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:37 pm

I would guess that they would not process it and you'd have to pay the maintenance fee to keep the claim.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:58 am

do i hear a OPPPPPPPS?
russau

Postby Hoser John » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:32 am

Did you then file the annual labor requirement with the county prior to September 30th?? That predicates the next step as if not :? then your stuck with rental fee which is sic sic sic and then I understand you must also file a Notice of Intent to Hold with the county also then more sic sic-John
Hoser John

Postby micropedes1 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:48 am

California taxes paid, labor filed, waiver filed with BLM. All before deadline. Plus Alaska royalty paid on state claims' production. But it feels like I am forgetting something that goes to BLM. Are they supposed to get a copy of "Proof of Labor"? What about "Notice of Intent to Hold"? I thought that last one only went with lode claims (or those that forgot to file the waiver).
micropedes1

Postby micropedes1 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:48 am

California taxes paid, labor filed, waiver filed with BLM. All before deadline. Plus Alaska royalty paid on state claims' production. But it feels like I am forgetting something that goes to BLM. Are they supposed to get a copy of "Proof of Labor"? What about "Notice of Intent to Hold"? I thought that last one only went with lode claims (or those that forgot to file the waiver).
micropedes1

Postby golden optimist » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Small Miners exemption filed with BLM by Sept 1 - free. I have to do this in Cheyenne for Wyoming and Denver for our Colorado claims.

Affidavit of Labor filed with BLM by Dec 31 - $10.00 per claim
Affidavit of Labor filed with County claim is in by December 31st - What ever the counties fee is.

Thats the way we do it in Colorado and Wyoming.

Here's the official word.
http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/prog/minera ... ments.html

Claimants Who File the Maintenance Fee Waiver Certification (Small Miner
Exemption – Form 3830-2) Must:

1. Complete the assessment work for the current assessment year prior to September 1.
2. Hold no more than 10 claims or have an interest in no more than 10 claims in the
U.S. on September 1.
3. File a relinquishment or transfer ownership on or before September 1, for those
claims that are over the 10-claim limit.
4. Include the name, address, and original signature of all owners on the waiver.
5. List claim names and serial numbers that you wish to maintain on the waiver.
6. File a Proof of Labor/Affidavit of Assessment Work with the BLM Nevada State Office
on or before December 30. BLM processing fee is $10 per claim/site.
(See 43 CFR 3835)

NOTE: No charge to file a Small Miner Exemption.

Proof of Labor/Affidavit of Assessment Work, Notice of Intent to Hold –

1. Complete the assessment work for the current assessment year prior to September 1.
2. List claim names and serial numbers on the Proof of Labor/Affidavit of Assessment
Work, or Notice of Intent to Hold.
3. File a Proof of Labor/Affidavit of Assessment Work or Notice of Intent to Hold with the
BLM State Office on or before December 30. BLM processing fee is $10 per claim/site.
4. File a Proof of Labor/Affidavit of Assessment Work or Notice of Intent to Hold with the
County Recorder on or before November 1.
5. The affidavit must be signed in the presence of a notary public (State Requirement).
(See 43 CFR 3835.30)

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby micropedes1 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:11 pm

Ah ha! That was it.

I sent BLM their processing charge for proof of labor but neglected to forward them the copy filed with the county (labor). They sent it back. Not like them to refuse money in any form. So I knew that I screwed up somewhere. Still time to rectify it.
micropedes1

Postby CalGoldDredger » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:09 pm

I know here in Cal waiver must be file with BLM at no charge by September 1st.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/info/iac/miningfacts.html

I file evrything (County and BLM) in mid August to avoid the rush. Been doing that since I can remember and haven't screw it up yet.
But I know my neighbor has had to relocate and change his claim names a bunch of times (kinda funny) as he always seems to forget his annual filings.
I always joke that he better watch out or someone is going to file a location notice on Sept. 2nd.
CalGoldDredger

Postby tcfifer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:32 pm

All's well that ends well.

TC
tcfifer

Next

Return to Mining Claims Information