New Claim Fees Comming!!

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

New Claim Fees Comming!!

Postby Reno badboy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Have you guys heard about this new round of B.S.???? We just had a gal from BLM here in Nevada come do a talk at our club meeting. She brought up the new fees that are on the verge of being posted. Our club would have to pay almost $10,000 in fees per year for our claims!!!! I guess it's time to get rid of all my mining gear so I don't get stuck with all the paperweights. I'm fed up and it isn't going to get better any time reasonably soon!!! Time to take up a new hobby, like hunting. Gee, I wonder what we could hunt??? Two legged rats maybe??? How about a season on politicians????? Envirionmental hunting for 'GREENIES"????? Maybe even one for just your basic stupid people?? (Watch out California!!) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Reno badboy

Re: New Claim Fees Comming!!

Postby gremlin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:20 am

after they get us, hunting and fishing is next.
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Postby Hoser John » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:53 am

I hear much and seen nuttn' yet???John :?
Hoser John

Postby Gold Seeker » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Reno badboy wrote:Have you guys heard about this new round of B.S.???? We just had a gal from BLM here in Nevada come do a talk at our club meeting. She brought up the new fees that are on the verge of being posted. Our club would have to pay almost $10,000 in fees per year for our claims!!!! I guess it's time to get rid of all my mining gear so I don't get stuck with all the paperweights. I'm fed up and it isn't going to get better any time reasonably soon!!! Time to take up a new hobby, like hunting. Gee, I wonder what we could hunt??? Two legged rats maybe??? How about a season on politicians????? Envirionmental hunting for 'GREENIES"????? Maybe even one for just your basic stupid people?? (Watch out California!!) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Are these new fees the newly introduced maintenance fees or is it some other new fees?

Skip
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Postby Reno badboy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:50 am

The BLM here is doing a meeting on claims and what is needed on the 12th of this month. We are going to find out more about this crud then. I'll try to report back after that, if I can understand it all.
Reno badboy

Postby Reno badboy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:14 am

Ok kiddies here's the word.Not done yet, but they are expecting it just any day. It's a adjustment to the yearly maint.fees. $140 for 20 acres, $280 for 20- 40 acres,$420 FOR 40-60 acres,$560 for 60-80 acres,$700 for80-100 acres,$840 for100-120 acres,$980 for 120-140 acrea, and $1,120 fro 140-160 acres. They are expecting this to hit before Sept. 1 st ,and this is for each claim you own! Even the folk at BLM don't like this, but they have no choice. Was in a Minig Claim Workshop for 8 hours today.
Reno badboy

Postby russau » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:13 am

theyve just got to squezzzzzze that turnip to get the last drop out of it! im just waiting to see what else theryre going to want! thanks for posting this Reno!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:45 am

$1,000 for my claims I can't even dredge--time for my favorite radio station on F'M' :twisted: John
Hoser John

Postby swizz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:10 am

Reno badboy wrote: It's a adjustment to the yearly maint.fees. $140 for 20 acres, $280 for 20- 40 acres.....

I'm a claim owner in Colorado... and I do not see any difference in the fee structure as you are describing it (unless they're trying to remove the Maint Fee Waiver option). My 20 acre individual location claim already costs $140 per year for annual Maint Fee Filing (not Maint Fee Waiver). I pay this annually and don't even flinch. Hell, on a good DAY I'm pulling $140 or more from my ground (right Pat? ;) )... not hard to justify from my standpoint and they can't legally pick on me for maintenance related issues, takes it right off the table. Your claims or club or whatever can also file the route of "Maint Fee Waiver" (this is how Leonard and others prefer to file) which is FAR less expensive and requires an affidavit of labor for proof of maintenance performed annually. I don't recommend filing that that way (for various reasons).... but the Maint Fee Waiver option of filing only costs $10 annually per 20 acres. Are they stating that you may no longer have the option of "Maint Fee Waiver" method of filing? Even if they are.... in my opinion, a claim should be capable of producing well over $140 worth of minerals per year (per 20 acres), or why even bother with it? Seriously.
The sky is not falling.
No eternal reward shall forgive us no for wasting the dawn
swizz

Postby Hoser John » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:07 am

hahahah YOU PAY $140 FEE instead of just doing the annual labor hahahahaha ain't talkn' a lousy $140 but $1000 and NO DREDGE :twisted: John
Hoser John

Next

Return to Mining Claims Information