Lakewood BLM

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Lakewood BLM

Postby WildernessAU » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Ladies are super nice and helpful!
The Affadavit of Labor they supplied me is from this forum!
on bottom of sheet is printed http: www.golddredger.com
hehe
Does anyone know if I have to file/record my affadavit of labor, maintenance fee waiver, or Intent to hold with the respective counties?
Thanks, D
WildernessAU

Re: Lakewood BLM

Postby golden optimist » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:22 am

WildernessAU wrote:Ladies are super nice and helpful!
The Affadavit of Labor they supplied me is from this forum!
on bottom of sheet is printed http: http://www.golddredger.com
hehe
Does anyone know if I have to file/record my affadavit of labor, maintenance fee waiver, or Intent to hold with the respective counties?
Thanks, D

You file the maintenance fee waiver for next year, 2011, before 1 Sept, 2010. You always file that a year in advance and it is filed only at the BLM.

If you just filed a claim on 5 Febuary 2010:

You paid the maintenance fee as part of the filing. If your claim is disallowed, you can get that back. Before 1 Sept you need to file a maintenance fee waiver for 2011 with the BLM

You should then be good for 2010.

You need to file a maintence fee waiver for 2012 before 1 September. You need to file an affidavit of labor with the BLM and record it in the county the claim is in before 31 December. You can do this the samt time as you file the waiver and save a trip to the BLM. The trip to Colorado BLM is easy as I'm always near but I usually take a december day off and make the drive to Cheyenne and Laramie to do the paperwork in person.

I have always filed a maintenance fee waiver but if you didn't, you would have to file the intent to hold and pay the fee. For the process on that check with the BLM or maybe Hoser will clarify that.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby WildernessAU » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:01 am

My first claim was filed in Sept. 09. For that one I filed a Affadavit of Labor and Maintenance fee Waiver with the BLM for 2011
New claim filed yesterday, filed location etc.. and a Notice of Intent to hold w BLM.
From what I understand from now on for these two claims all I will need to file is a maintenace fee waiver, and affidavit of labor before sept 1st for the following year....every year.
Sound right?
Location certs, and maps are on file with the counties but do I need to also file the Notice to hold, Aff of labor, or Main fee waiver with them also annually? not sure why they would need that info?
Thanks for your help,
D
WildernessAU

Postby CalGoldDredger » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:21 am

You do need to record with the county recorder each year your assessment work (affadavit) or intent to hold (make sure you tell them you paid the fee), do not need to record the small miner maintenace fee waiver.
CalGoldDredger

Postby WildernessAU » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks for the info guys
Much appreciated!
WildernessAU

Return to Mining Claims Information