BLM plat map question

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

BLM plat map question

Postby impfected » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:46 pm

Hey all,
I was researching a possible claim location and came across a designation on the 1/4 1/4 section that is shaded and reads ;
OR 53711 W
Recon USFS
Rstd Min

So, not wanting to give the BLM my hard earned money for a chunk of land withdrawn from Min. Location, I am confused by this. Another claim is located in the next section north of the one I'm looking at, and I thought it was strange that this section didn't appear to have a claim on it, although, I haven't been to the county seat to investigate further. It is still under snow here in Wa state. But last year it was not under claim or at least marked, and it is on a river that is a b*tch to get a permit for ( as I understand). That section north of the land I'm looking at is not shadded on the map and has printed on the sec. " SO 12/6/1929 Pwr S Cl 215 "

Any thoughts on this cryptic acronym?

Also, if someone is camping on your claim and there is not a whole lot of other spots on the river to camp on your claim, how do you handle that? As I understand it, others have the right to recreate on the claim. This is not really an issue with the spot I'm looking at. More of a question that comes up in conversation with friends.

Still waiting for the big snow melt...
Alan In Seattle
impfected

Re: BLM plat map question

Postby CalGoldDredger » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Take that serial number (OR 53711 W) to that particular MTP (Masteraster Title Plat) HI (Historical Index) and it will be defined there for you.
I do know that Rstd Min is Restricted Mineral (public use) and Recon USFS means it is Reconveyed back to the USFS, check that serial number for a full description.
SO 12/6/1929 Pwr S Cl 215 - Sounds like a Power Site Withdrawal Classification 215 and IF it IS NOT included with the OR 53711 W Restricted Mineral then it could still be claimable but this information should all be on the Historical Index.

Land Status, just gotta love it. :roll:
CalGoldDredger

Postby impfected » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 pm

I looked at the HI, and it didn't really make things much clearer. Something about WD to US and Title accepted... bla bla...
Maybe I'm not looking at the correct page.
When you say Rstd Min is Restricted Mineral (public use), does that mean that it is removed from mineral claim? ie, open to all?

Thanks much!

Oops, looks like you added to the reply or I missed it.
I may just throw on the snow shoes and got drive some corner posts!

Al
impfected

Postby CalGoldDredger » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:45 pm

WD to US .... Warranty Deed to United States meaning title was conveyed back to the USFS. makes sense Recon USFS.

Yes the Restricted Mineral usually means no mineral entry open to all for prospecting dependant on current land staus.

I have a few claims on power site withdrawals, filed under P.L. 359 with the BLM.
Only catch, back when you could patent a claim anything filed under PL 359 would not have been a candidate for patenting and if they ever choose to say build a dam, then SOL for you.

Good Luck hope you find a pile of nuggets waiting for you.
CalGoldDredger

Postby Hoser John » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:43 am

:D RIGHTEOUS THREAD :D oh what convalution :shock: ----John
Hoser John

Postby impfected » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:12 am

When it says "All Min." Is that able to be claimed or is it off limits?
As it is, it looks like the spot I was scoping out is restricted, which is OK with me as I just wanted to make sure I could keep returning there to prospect and camp.

Thanks again,
Al
impfected

Postby CalGoldDredger » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:45 pm

All Minerals- not just gold. This term is used in part with other land status.

Sounds like you have found a free use area of your own, I got a few of those and some private Soper Wheeler private type to work myself. :D
CalGoldDredger

Postby Underburden » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Sounds like it's Acquired land, in which case it won't be available for staking.
Underburden

Postby impfected » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi all,
I went up to the spot I was mentioning here on this thread only to find someone has claim markers all over it! It seems that Prospectors Plus club has hit the Cle elum river hard. This and a few other locations up and down it have new claim markers.
So a new question arises... If it is not available to claim, and they have their signs all over it, do you have to stay out till it is resolved or can one just pan away? Does the BLM pull signs of void claims or will they just stay up indefinitely?
I had always thought that it was strange that the folks that own the claim just north of the spot in question didn't own this spot as well as it has good bedrock and a nice hole...
I was rather bummed out to have drove 3 hours just to walk around and look at what I cant touch (maybe)....

Al
impfected

Postby Hoser John » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:19 am

Every state handles differently--and every office in every state has the latitude to handle certain situations in different ways as NO HOMOGENOUS APPLICATION OF LAW is their only rule a thumb--now ain't that dumb-John
Hoser John

Next

Return to Mining Claims Information