BLM plat map question

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: BLM plat map question

Postby h20prospector » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:54 am

This is going to sound strange :shock: , so don't everyone jump on me at once, but I'm intimidated when it comes to using LR200, Geocommunicator, and other programs you use when it comes to research :? I open the program and am lost as what to do next :oops:

Pat
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby impfected » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:01 am

I hear ya. Geo comm is about useless for anything any longer. I know a lot of folks here and other sites hated it for valid reasons, but I loved it as a research tool for locating old mines to hike to and explore. I can do the same thing now, but I have to combine several sites to get the info. Although, Geocomm always worked rather crappy....
LR2000 is a pain from my experience. It also seems to be rather buggy lately. Maybe it is the whole OR/WA Blm aspect. I tried a search in CA just for kicks and it came up with quite a bit more than any search I have done in WA.
impfected

Postby dickb » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:35 am

Hoser John wrote:Every state handles differently--and every office in every state has the latitude to handle certain situations in different ways as NO HOMOGENOUS APPLICATION OF LAW is their only rule a thumb--now ain't that dumb-John

Hi Hoser:

No, not at all, as long as you want harrass, abuse and discourage the miner. Just that nobody feels we deserve fair and equal treatment under the law! :(

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:08 am

its to ole saying," more controll by more confusion"!
russau

Previous

Return to Mining Claims Information