Expired claims

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Expired claims

Postby impfected » Mon May 09, 2011 6:43 am

I found a claim while out exploring a location past a washed out road. It looked old and unmaintained so I wrote the number down and looked it up on LR2000, and it shows it as expired in '08.
If I want it, and it is confirmed expired, do I just need to co to the county and look it up and file for it, or do I need to go through the process of staking a new one?

Thanks,
Al
impfected

Re: Expired claims

Postby OKJohn » Mon May 09, 2011 10:26 am

Its a complicated question...

The first step is to find out if the area was re-claimed by someone under a new claim. You will need to go to the court house and get copies of all the claim certs in that area. If the land is truly unclaimed, then you are off to the races.

Unfortunately, land status has been changing in some areas. You might actually have to make sure the area is still open for being claimed.

You can possibly use the old cert description, just remember 20ac per claimant. If the claim was more than 20, you need to add more people.

Finally, make sure to follow all the rules. These include discovery, markers, and so forth. Otherwise, it could all be for nothing.

Good luck.

OKJohn
OKJohn

Postby Hoser John » Mon May 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Get a topo--find out exact location as township/route/ meridian and section-call blm community room and get all the info ya need for a dime a page delivered to your door. Also claim name,claimants name, and good to go. Then recorders office as ya have 90 to file in county also so worthless BLM info is outta date before it ever gets posted. Just got yet another email (DW) email from a fella who was ripped off for a claim by MF- claimed 2 days prior -biggest scam n' the book-THEY SAW THE POST OF A CLAIM AT RECORDERS AND BACKFILED ON HIM AND TOOK THE CLAIM FROM HIM!!! Backdate all claims filings to 89 days prior to claiming--then no sham scam flim flam man gonna screw ya outta your dream-John :twisted:
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Thu May 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Hoser John wrote:Backdate all claims filings to 89 days prior to claiming--then no sham scam flim flam man gonna screw ya outta your dream-John :twisted:

Thats a great idea Hoser! I hadn't thought of that.

My sister says you are too young for her.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Hoser John » Fri May 13, 2011 6:02 am

:o SAY WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT?? Get a fellr all worked up-takes months now--and no go GO??? Now about that crazy ol' goat lady baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol: John
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Fri May 13, 2011 7:45 am

The goat lady will work your skinny arse to death before you get paid off. I heard that directly from her lips talking about a different man.
golden optimist
Site Admin

Return to Mining Claims Information