proper claim forms

Information on how-to-file, important dates, and any other claim related information

Moderators: russau, Leonard

proper claim forms

Postby jimmy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:17 am

Hoser John, On the old board (one of the last topics) you mention using proper claim form required by the uniform paper forms act. I cant find any info on that. Would you have a link? Thanks' jimmy
jimmy

Re: proper claim forms

Postby Hoser John » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:52 am

They are on the old GD site under claims or blm.gov or in the BLM mining claim manual also. tons a au 2 u 2 -John
Hoser John

Postby flynphil » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:00 am

Get the proper one for your state at a stationary store.

Phil :D
flynphil

Postby old gold miner » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Recording Requested By,
& Return Mailing Address:

NOTICE OF LOCATION - PLACER MINING CLAIM
__________________ PLACER

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: That I/We, Citizen(s) of the United States, over the age of majority, have discovered valuable minerals, within the limits of the claim hereby located and have this day under and in accordance with The General Mining Law of 1872, as amended (30 U.S.C. 21-54) and all ancillary Federal and State law, located an association placer mining claim known as the______________ PLACER.

Described, marked, projected, or protracted upon the ground as being the: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ of Section _____,Township __________ Range _______, ________Meridian, ________________County, State of____________ containing_____(+/-) contiguous acres.

I, ________________ do swear under penalty of perjury that I am acquainted with the mining ground described in this notice of location, that the ground and claim therein described has not, to the best of my knowledge and belief, been previously located according to the laws of the United States and this state, or if so located, that the same has been abandoned or forfeited by reason of the failure of such former locators to comply in respect thereto with the requirements of said laws.

This notice is posted in a prominent monument at the point of discovery situated approximately at the center of this claim. Located the _____day of
___________Month _________ Year

The individual locators for this association placer claim are: 1),__________________ 2),______________ (However many required). All of whom can be reached at the mailing address above.

________________, for myself individually, and as the Authorized Agent for the above named associated co-locators.

NAME _______________Signature___________________ _______Date
old gold miner

Postby Hoser John » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:33 am

Ancient and does not satisify the uniform papers act for homogenous application forms--I know pure bs--don't shoot the messenger-John
Hoser John

Postby jimmy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:38 am

Thanks all, I live in West Henrietta, NY. Claim forms are not available here. I have looked online and found one online, but description was by metes and bounds. I have seen McCrakens forms he made for his claims he was selling. They were legal and looked non store bought. Thanks all, jimmy
jimmy

Postby russau » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:42 am

there isnt any claimable federal land in NY!
russau

Postby jimmy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:19 am

russau, maybe thats why i cant find location notices, etc... here? jimmy
jimmy

Postby golden optimist » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:50 am

russau wrote:there isnt any claimable federal land in NY!

There are 19 states where you can file a claim. The weird one is Florida. Almost all of them are west of the Mississippi.

There are Federally administered land in 19 states where you may locate a mining claim or site. These states are Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. In these states, the BLM manages the surface of public land and the Forest Service manages the surface of National Forest System (NFS) land. The BLM is responsible for the subsurface on both public and NFS land.

http://www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/programs/mi ... where.html

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Gold Seeker » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:27 am

"There are 19 states where you can file a claim. The weird one is Florida. Almost all of them are west of the Mississippi."

Leonard,

It is not really that weird that Florida is one of the state that claims can be claimed, "Florida ranks fifth in the nation with an industrial mineral production value of $1.92 billion", this does surprise most people that are not that familiar with Florida's mining history, I'm aware of the history mostly because my oldest sister's first husband worked for a phosphate mining company and I used to visited the "pit" often as a youngster and went swimming in a lot of the older pits while spending the summer with them, "Florida producers supplied approximately one-quarter of the world's phosphate needs and three-quarters of US domestic needs.".

While Florida has no gold or silver mining history other than Spanish and pirate treasure, the state has a lot of minerals to be mined, here is a link to page of Florida's minerals and little on it's mining history.

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/geology/geol ... nerals.htm

Skip
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Next

Return to Mining Claims Information