Look to buy a wet suit

Any prospecting item either for sale or something you are looking for. Dealers welcome to post occasionally with special sale prices.

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Look to buy a wet suit

Postby h20prospector » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Hey all,

I'm looking for a heavy duty extra large wet suit 7mm and up for a reasonable price - I'm 5'9" and 210. I've outgrown the wet and dry suit I had years ago when I actively scuba dived (actually I've put on a goodly amount of weight since retiring from the Air Force.) The chest waders I have for fly fishing are only 5 mm and would only be good for long arming, but with the coldness of the water in the Arkansas River, I would soon have to leave the water as I would be near hypothermia if not close to a goner. If you haven't got anything, but know of someone who might be able to help me out, send me a PM. Thanks.

h20prospector
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Re: Look to buy a wet suit

Postby COArgonaut » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:35 am

The best place to buy a wetsuit for cold water diving is in California. Because the ocean there is cold, 7 mm suits abound. Great used deals can be had.
Not like buying a wetsuit in Florida- water there is much warmer. Lots of divers, good used market, but it is a lot more difficult to find a 7mm suit.
Buying a wetsuit in Denver can be harder than in California. But, only a little harder. I have a couple of favorite shops.
First, is a dive shop, Gobe Divers.
http://www.gobedivers.com/
The Gobe guys and gals stock top of the line gear. It has been said you get what you pay for- go here, pay for the best. Masks are a good bet. I bought my hood and hooded vest here.

Second suggestions (and the place where I bought my last wetsuit) is Stitchlines. Phyllis is the owner. She does warrantee repair for all of the major manufactures. She usually has some wetsuits lying around, and she can custom fit them for a very reasonable price. If you do find a used wet suit, you can take it here and she will be able to fit it for a very reasonable price.
Independent small business owner.

Stitchlines
Outdoor Gear Repair
Wet Suit Repair
303-781-9044
Hours: W-Th-F
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
3750 S. Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113
COArgonaut

Postby h20prospector » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 am

COArgonaut,

Thanks for the information. :D An outing is just what I need! :mrgreen:
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby Hoser John » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:49 am

Frank at Pioneer mining in auburn calif is making great deals on righteous suits. I haven't even fired up the old water heated for years now with his suits! Be sure to get a pee zipper as dredging ain't like diving-your underwater for MANY hours on end and all day too, weeks and months on end-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :lol:
Hoser John

Postby flynphil » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 am

check out this outfit on ebay.
eBay Stores > Wholesale Divers Supply fathom6ft
I got a 6.5 mm no problems

Phil
flynphil

Postby cosmic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 pm

You might be interested..
Wet suits, both hendersons XL.. farmer john is 5mm in fair shape with some small nicks that were repaired after each use..$85 + shipping......One piece is a 7/3 gold core PERFECT CONDITION.. $95 + shipping... Bare rock boots size 12 perfect shape and great if you have sensitive feet.. $75+ shipping
US postal MO or +3% paypal
Attachments
9649.jpg
9649.jpg (77.53 KiB) Viewed 4423 times
9647.jpg
9647.jpg (73.63 KiB) Viewed 4423 times
9646.jpg
9646.jpg (78.02 KiB) Viewed 4423 times
9648.jpg
9648.jpg (75.65 KiB) Viewed 4423 times
WADE ON IN THE WATER AIN"T DEEP!!!!
"Genius has its limits stupidity has none."
cosmic

Postby golden optimist » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:38 pm

You guys are pussies! Lets start talking 3x - 4x.

Real he man stuff!

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Hoser John » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:53 am

:lol: size 12 shoes--wow--you COULD walk on top of the water with them gunboats-- :lol: John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:19 am

John i also use a very large tennis shoe over my wetsuit boots.BIGUNS! plus i put some felt soles on it to keep from slipping on the mossy rocks. sure helps!
russau

Postby dredgeguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:41 am

www.tommydsports.com

They are out of Florida but have great prices and most suits are only about 13.00 to ship to Ca.

We get the 7mm farmer john suit with the hood attached for around 150.00 The suits are great.
They also have CAMO wetsuits for the descriminating dredger.
dredgeguy

Next

Return to For Sale or Wanted Items