WTB 5" Keene Dredge

Any prospecting item either for sale or something you are looking for. Dealers welcome to post occasionally with special sale prices.

Moderators: russau, Leonard

WTB 5" Keene Dredge

Postby polekaat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:07 am

I'm looking to buy a newer model Keene 5" dredge, with air, regulators, and all the extras. It would be nice to get one already modified to Dave McCracken's style classification. I prefer twin OHV engines but might settle for one larger engine.

Thanks,
Trevor
polekaat

Re: WTB 5" Keene Dredge

Postby russau » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Trevor it sounds like the bug has done a big bite!
russau

Postby placerau » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Got one in Kalfornia if you wanna come and pick it up. I'm in Penns. so kind of impossible for me to come and take care of it. Been in a weather proof barn, and covered up. All hoses have been plugged to prevent varmint's from nesting..etc. Has a 12 HP Vanguard engine with air. I forget pump size, but no problem cleaning anything from bedrock. I bought it from Tom Ashworth in Oregon, and Leonard delivered it for me. I used it one summer for 2 weeks, and figured out pretty quickly that it was to much for me to handle comfortably, getting to old for that much action. I also have a Keene 4" triple stage, that I will be keeping, hoping that someday Kalifornication, will again resume doing the right thing for us, that want to continue dredging in the coming years. Has twenty feet of new TigerFlex 5" hose. Also have a T 7/16 Griphoist I would be willing to sell as well, ( $400. ), greatest thing since sliced bread. An extremely great piece of equipmwnt for moving any size boulder. The 5" comes with all support equipment I have left for it.. like, a few of rock baskets, snatch blocks, cable for blocks to dead hang, fish plate, shackles, quick links ( all sizes ) crowbar, rock hammers, sledge hammer, span sets, extra belts for air, and whatever else is there. I'll take $1000.00 OBO. You would be getting a very nice outfit here with all that is in the bundle package.
My friends that own Roaring Camp in Kali, again have it stored in the canyon barn, so been kept nicely. If you want, I will contact them and you can go look at it. They are opening the Camp for the summer Sun. 5/6 and will be easy to have them open the barn for you.
Email me at placerau@comcast.net and I'll arrange it for you.
Give me a shout out, if you want to. Even comes with your own special Dipperbird to sit and watch out over you........ :D :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: Inside joke for those going back to another NewsGroup... :lol:
Your Friend in Gold Mining....... John

Artificial Intelligence Is No Match For Natural Stupidity

God Bless Willie Nelson
placerau

Postby placerau » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:55 pm

I guess I better tell you where it's located... :oops: It is up in Jackson Kali, which is about 45 miles outside of Sacratomato area. It's on the Mokelumne River which is where we dredge.

God Bless Willie Nelson
placerau

Postby russau » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 am

now theres a good deal!
russau

Postby golden optimist » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:33 am

You can see it and Mason in action at http://golddredgervideo.com/prospecting/rc.wmv

One problem with it for the Arkansas is you'd have to get a special permit for it as they only allow 4" and 8 horsepower. I don't know how much trouble the permit would be.

Also, Wyoming only allows 3"

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Hoser John » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:49 am

Great news John on Roaring Camp as the grapevine had the closing rumor due to ungodly nasty road and dredge ban. Word was FS would not let them maintain that access road(hahaha trail) and was trying to use that and waterboards engine ban to close'm down through economics since private property. YAHOO good news IS the way to start the day and many thanx-tons a au 2 u 2 -John PS- I've seen the videos and that dredge sucks :D :D :D
Hoser John

Postby placerau » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Oh Leonard......... Now your embarrassing me, I really wouldn't have kicked you with the size 13 boot...... :oops: Glad you didn't show all the gold that came outta that "Glory Hole." Leonard was setup just about 20 yards below this hole, and Lord only knows how much gold he was holding back from us. :cry: :roll:
This was the year Leonard came out for the week, and introduced us to jalapeno scrambled eggs. :shock: Tried to convince us they weren't that hot, as he was sweating profusely from his forehead with every bite. :o :D
Thanks for sharing that video, as I hadn't seen that in quite awhile. I actually had some hair (not a lot) in those days.... :lol:

Hoser John,

NO..NO WAY that could happen. They have been working on the road for the last 2-3 weeks, and it's in great shape. I just talked with Rick 4 days ago, and they are set to open.. ;) ;) they have 11 out of 17 cabins filled for the first week, and than up to all 17 for the next. I'm sure this will still be a busy summer for them, as usual. They are having a Common Operation going on the 2nd week, as well as people working by themselves. I've done the Common a few times, and they are great fun. Highbankers, powers sluices, as well as the trommel working. . Sluices and highbankers will be operating up at The Ceaser's Diggin's, which is the private material that they run through the trommel for their own mining operation in the off season. John, I am very happy to tell you this news, and put to bed any rumor that the FS is going to shut them down. Mr. Rodman has so many GrandFather Clauses with the State of Calif. that they would be hard pressed to keep them closed. They, like every other mining operation, are restricted from any form of dredging, but not anything else. Elton was very active with the Lobbyists, and dropped a few dimes into the coffers for them. Long story about the restrictions, but save for another time... :)

God Bless Willie Nelson
placerau

Postby Hoser John » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:24 am

Thank you thank you thank you as great folks for many years and a definate asset to our mining history. Private property rocks as the only way to mine in kalif anymore. Nice to hear road being worked on as not being able to leave after you showed up was a real buzz killer. I am definately glad to hear the biggest,best legal op in kalif is getting along well and hope ya sell that gravel sucking monster too-tons a au 2 u 2 as always-John PS-The sausage jalapeno macaroni mix will eat ya up too John as I and my mds will attest to also hahahahahaha :roll:
Hoser John

Postby russau » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:56 am

you should taste the jalapeno pizza in Beuna Vista Co. that leonard has! it was tastie!
russau

Next

Return to For Sale or Wanted Items