Modified Keene 5" triple for sale

Any prospecting item either for sale or something you are looking for. Dealers welcome to post occasionally with special sale prices.

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Modified Keene 5" triple for sale

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:00 am

This post is just a "primer", I don't have pics yet. I have to get the dredge out of storage and put it together to take some pics.

I am going to sell my trusty Keene 5" Triple Sluice dredge. Nothing wrong with it, it runs great. I'm just getting too old to manhandle it any more, and I have a good 4" Pro Mack that's easier for me to handle.

This dredge has been modified so that it handles fast water much better than the original Keene design. It comes with suction and pressure hoses, T-80 compressor, two swivel nozzles and an 8 hp Tecumseh engine that has had very little use.

It has been modified with 4 large Keene gray floats for a six inch. The frame has been completely redone to allow the sluice box, motor and pump to sit closer to the water for better suction.

By dropping the dredge down between the larger floats it has made the whole rig wider, which helps in fast water. It is almost impossible to flip it over.

These larger floats work much better than the old yellow banana floats that it came with.

The price is $2,000. I will post pictures within the next couple of days if the rain and cold will allow me to assemble it. It's located in Klamath River, CA.

jfoley@marciesalaskaweb.com
Last edited by Jim_Alaska on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Re: Modified Keene 5" triple for sale

Postby golden optimist » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:18 am

Jim_Alaska wrote:This post is just a "primer", I don't have pics yet. I have to get the dredge out of storage and put it together to take some pics.

I am going to sell my trusty Keene 5" Triple Sluice dredge. Nothing wrong with it, it runs great. I'm just getting too old to manhandle it any more, and I have a good 4" Pro Mack that's easier for me to handle.

jfoley@sisqtel.net

I know what you mean Jim. I'm switching from my 4" Keene doublesluice to a inflatable float 2" Keene. I've gotten to where I like watching and camping as much as the dredgeing.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Modified Keene 5" triple for sale

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:33 am

I think I am a wee bit younger than you Leonard, so I still love dredging more than anything. I'll probabl;y stick with the proMack 4" until I go under.....pun intended. hah!
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Return to For Sale or Wanted Items