Slide hammer digging bars

Any prospecting item either for sale or something you are looking for. Dealers welcome to post occasionally with special sale prices.

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Slide hammer digging bars

Postby roofman6 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:21 pm

I've been making slide hammer digging bars and have recently decided to list them on Ebay. They are great for unearthing rocks and splitting layered or fractured bedrock. I've found that gold often hides down in the rocks or crevasses and these tools make the job a lot easier. I've made two different models.

I call the lighter one a "Slam Bar". If you are interested, it can be found by searching Ebay for "Slam Bar".

The heavier model is called the "Bully Bar" and it can be found by a similar Ebay search.

Unfortunately, the slide hammer action doesn't work under water. I'm asking $75 each.

Thanks,
roofman6
Attachments
four bars with labels.JPG
both models together
four bars with labels.JPG (45.35 KiB) Viewed 5547 times
Last edited by roofman6 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
roofman6

Re: Slide hammer digging bars

Postby golden optimist » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:27 am

Feel fre to place an add in the for sale section. Be sure to include pictures and prices.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Hoser John » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:05 am

:? A slide hammer style of crevice buster is a retrofitted auto dent puller with varying amounts of weights that slam down on stops to make a huge powerful smash?? These do not have the weights on the outside to slam down or corresponding stops to initiate forceful destruction??? Whatzup???John
Hoser John

Postby roofman6 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:16 am

John,

The handle is the weight. It slides down on the bit and forces it into the ground.

I"ve been told that a search for "slam bar" or "bully bar" doesn't work on ebay, but "slide hammer" does. The listing numbers are 220710418650 and 220710409943. Pictures and a drawing there may help explain it.

roofman6
roofman6

Postby russau » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:50 am

ive made several of these over the years and still have one in my trailer.i gave them away! trouble is i dont use them. handy little devil they are though!
russau

Postby roofman6 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Russau,

I've given a few away too, and they are quite handy. Wish I had thought of it years ago.

Roofman6
roofman6

Postby golden optimist » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:01 pm

roofman6 wrote:
Unfortunately, the slide hammer action doesn't work under water. I'm asking $75 each.

Actually they might if you were to drill a large diameter hole up close to where the stop is. That would let the water exit and enter as you worked the bar back and forth. If it was large, there might not be to much water compression action.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby roofman6 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Golden,

It might help in water, but I doubt whether you could get any speed on the handle, and if the hole were quite large, it would weaken the thing.

If just the bit were in the water, it would definitely help to have an air hole though.

Thanks for the suggestion,
roofman6
roofman6

Postby Gold Seeker » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:23 pm

roofman6 wrote:Golden,

It might help in water, but I doubt whether you could get any speed on the handle, and if the hole were quite large, it would weaken the thing.

If just the bit were in the water, it would definitely help to have an air hole though.

Thanks for the suggestion,
roofman6

Why not beef up the area where the hole would be so that it is strong enough to have the hole, this would also make the weight portion of this device a bit heavier which is not a bad thing with a slidehammer, if there is a will there is a way!!

Skip
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Postby roofman6 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Skip,

Well, that would probably work. I'd have to gusset and drill the thing, and use a larger shipping tube, but it might be worth the trouble for someone that is dredging. I've never dredged, but I can imagine such a bar being useful in deep water. Will keep it in mind.

Thanks,
Roofman6
roofman6

Next

Return to For Sale or Wanted Items