“SUCTION DREDGER SURVEY” - I Think Not.

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

“SUCTION DREDGER SURVEY” - I Think Not.

Postby CalGoldDredger » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:12 pm

I will start off with an apology, this is more appropriate for the political forum. I wanted to hear opinions on this and seeing how there is a tight deadline well…….

First to get everyone up to speed the Calfornia Department of Fish & Game has ask for help from Chico State University to collect information in the form of a survey to aid in the process of the court ordered Eviromental Impact Report (EIR). With that said...

After reading through the “Suction Dredger Survey” I can’t see any good coming from this.
It is one sided, not in our favor, and most of the answers to the questions can in fact be detrimental to the desired outcome of the EIR. (detrimental- that is one of their own words)
I am not a lawyer or very savvy on legal matters but I do not believe it is in our best interest to participate in this so called survey.

I welcome any and all thoughts or reasoning why we should complete this survey
or support for not doing so. We have till Feb 15th.

John
CalGoldDredger

Re: “SUCTION DREDGER SURVEY” - I Think Not.

Postby old gold miner » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:40 pm

REFUND PERMIT FEE, then ... I might think about it.
Until then, KMA
old gold miner

Postby russau » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:30 am

John can you post that survey so we can give it a lookie see?
russau

Postby geno » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:00 am

I would like to see it also... perhaps a wellworded letter would be better.
geno
Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Marcie Foleyhttp://www.campgeno.com
geno

Postby micropedes1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:33 am

I got one too. And I'm out of state. My take on it is "just how much of our stream bed did you disturb?" And "did you do anything that we could deem as hazardous?" Question about mercury and nitric acid use. Hell, I'm a chemist! Of course, I use 'em. But not on site. Only in my lab under controlled conditions.

I am very much like John. I see the questions as seriously biased. It is as if they are seeking confirmation for a choice that they have already made.
micropedes1

Postby Hoser John » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:44 am

I believe politics in politics so we don't raise cane for GO again???? RESPECT????
Hoser John

Postby micropedes1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Here is the Out of State Survey. If it is too big, Leonard may need to trim it down a bit.

micropedes1

Postby CalGoldDredger » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:03 pm

After having a chance for it to soak in, I think they should call this an economical survey.
What does how much you spend have a darn thing to do with environmental impact and salmon protection.
There are too many questions on here that are economical and have nothing to do with the EIR.
Is this what they are going to base the new rules on, MONEY.

Maybe question 18 everyone should put a total of 1,000,000???? Maybe on 19 too???
I don't think they really want any comments there is only 4 lines.

John
CalGoldDredger

Postby CalGoldDredger » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:41 pm

SENT

After some careful thought I have decided instead of participating in this survey or just tossing it in the trash for what it is worth, I would send it back blank with a comment and explanation sheet stapled to it.

I was wanting to make up my own sarcastical survey for them, just to get my point across but not a very ideal use of time.

I kept it polite and professional but at the same time directly expressing my concerns backed up with facts.

Probably won’t even get read but at least I feel I contributed and spoke up to protect myself as a California Gold Dredger.
I thought about posting it for the forum to read but decided against that due to the possibility of conflicts from different views and opinions. :roll: :roll:

If anyone chooses to participate, do so with the upmost caution we don’t want it to turn up in court against us. :o

Thanks,
John
CalGoldDredger

Postby gremlin » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:35 am

every one could have fun with a printer and make the survey for every one else that uses the river. after all the fishermen and rafters need one.
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Next

Return to General Prospecting