Winterfest

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Winterfest

Postby golden optimist » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:30 pm

I just talked to Billbrew and Debbie up at Winterfest. They were up at the claims about 2 miles from camp getting ready for the hike back to the beer and a great night around the campfire. They were all having a great time and wished you were there. I wish I was there to help drink some of Bill's great beer. Hopefully next year.

We are working on a warmer weather version at Douglas Creek Wyoming over the 4th of July. We'd have to call it Summerfest though.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Winterfest

Postby pickaxe » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Well, that would require an appropriate beer now, wouldn't it.
pickaxe

Postby russau » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:29 am

and lots of it!
russau

Postby 4theluvofgold » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:37 am

Just got back from Winterfest this weekend. Headed home when it started to get dark.

Like the lack of postings about Winterfest kinda showed with the Lack of people there.

El Dorado I thought you were going to be there.
Plumas? Where were you? We moved the date for you.
It was all good though.

I got the 4" dredge but will have to drive back south to get it cause I wasn't expecting too. (Excited here)
BeerCanDan got the Gold King highbanker

And there was plenty of beer for the few of us there.
Time was great. The hike made me admire Bills steadfast pace. I wasn't ready for a hike like that but was sure glad I did it.
The claim there looks pretty promising and I'm thinking when Bill hones into the spot might be hearing something similar to sasquatch when that happens.

There was plenty of room there for the trailers, fifth wheels and other means of staying.
But only 1 out of the area group showed up. Me and my stow away I picked up in Medford on the way south.

In total there were 8 of us there including the hosting people. But it just meant more beer for us. I loved the Oatmeal Stout. But the Porter and IPA were quick to go. Bill was so generous we got 2 growlers filled for coming home with. Looking forward to tomorrow night :D

My stowaway will have to smoozie up to the GF for being gone on Valentines. My wife was happy cause I was happy :D

Thanks guys, and Debb I told my wife she will need to come, but she refused to do the hike! My story got her nervous of it. Oh well. Till next time.
4theluvofgold

Postby russau » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:31 am

still sounds like a good time by all! how much did you end up giving for the proline that didnt have the eng/pump if you dont mind me asking? or you could PM me the answer.
russau

Postby Hoser John » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:04 am

:| times---they are a changn'---and not for the better either-John :shock:
Hoser John

Postby skunkapemining » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm

It was a small qroup but kinda nice that way, got to talk to everyone for a good lenght of time. It was so small that we did not take donations for beer or auction anything. Dan threw in for the porta crapper last week so he got the gold king high banker as he is using it anyways! Justin (Snoring Mountain) won the Proline dredge for driving so far to come down. Wish you guys would of made it. Its been a long time since I have had a beer with Adams and mikeore! I have some nuggets that I wanted EL "D" to look at and maybe make some wedding rings out of! The nuggets may be pretty rough for rings though! Nice problem to have! :D Vickers we did kill an IPA keg for you ! First and only keg to blow!Thats okay cause beer can Dan and Hellbilly are working on the other kegs right now!
Well stinky Pete is the only one now to make all the winterfests!
skunkape
skunkapemining

Postby Aurum_Flake » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:13 am

Skunkape,

Now if memory suits me, I recall that Penny Weight Porter (Damn good beer) blew at the same time as the IPA, only because I remember changing the labels on the Taps.

I had a great time, and I hope to spend time with all you fine people again soon!

Aurum Flake
(Stinking Buck)

P.S. And for all you that missed out, Shame on you :D
American miners measure in Grains and Pennyweights.
Aurum_Flake

Return to General Prospecting