Vortex Rex's machine for land dredging gold

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Vortex Rex's machine for land dredging gold

Postby golden optimist » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:54 am

Brought over from the Alaska forum.
http://bb.bbboy.net/alaskagoldforum-vie ... hread=1844

Vortex Rex's machine for land dredging gold. ( 11:59:22 Sat Dec 14 2013 )
Is there a way to resurrect a thread from many years back on Vortex Rex's video or video's?and pictures?, I thought his mining stuff was great and would like to see it all again

Thanks ;......."V", Idahohick, sixholeburn, CDA.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Vortex Rex's machine for land dredging gold

Postby Bonaro » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:30 pm

David has been pretty busy. Playing in a rock band and working on TV (walking dead) but I sent him and email so we will see if he pops in.
Stay tuned
Bonaro

Postby russau » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:13 am

i use one of his 4 inch ventrui that i use on my dredge. i also have a video that he made about his setup. its a VHS tape.
russau

Postby bill-costa rica » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:41 pm

i miss his input and videos of the progress he made with his trommel and nugget kicker. never did find out how it worked. his dryland dredge was a peach..... hope he shows up and can post a few of his old videos.

bill in cr
bill-costa rica

Postby libertydave » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Being unfamiliar with the concept I'm curious. Is this similar in principle to the 'Hydro Force' nozzles used for "dry land dredging"?

LD
libertydave

Postby russau » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:56 pm

L Dave yes in a sense! it is a PVC ventrui . one 2 inch high pressure supply going into a outter chamber that surrounds the 4 inch PVC pipe and it has several holes drilled into the PVC pipe from that chamber. and they are drilled at 11 degrees towards the flow of the water/material. my outter chamber has several ports that either supply water or exit water out to another device. they are a 2 inch "in" port and a 1 1/4 "out" and a 3/4 "out". i use these ports for my blaster hose. it is somewhat heavy for a jet but it works fine for me! I thought everyone knew of the Vortexrex device!:) id take a picture of it but its packed away for the winter. if i get a chance ill see if i can pull it out easily and take a picture of it now that i FINNALLY know how-2-post pictures.:)
russau

Postby russau » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:23 am

heres a picture of Daves device. the black no-hub connector is where my 4 inch suction hose attachs. EZ to attach/unattach my hose .
Attachments
DSC02283.JPG
DSC02283.JPG (88.07 KiB) Viewed 6417 times
russau

Postby libertydave » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:00 am

Thanks, Russ

Novel concept and thanks for the photo. In my books anything that successfully recovers gold ranks high and I always enjoy learning about innovators who create new things that perform well.

Chuck Lassiter's Hydro-Force dredge nozzles have also been a big seller because he came up with a tool that can be used on existing equipment and offers the operator expanded capabilities. Saw a lot of them last summer working exposed bedrock in Oregon.

Regards, LD
libertydave

Postby russau » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:34 pm

i might add that ive used this PVC device for about 10 years now and it still is working fine despite the PVC construction,i personnaly know Chuck and his Hydro-force nozzel and it is a good peice also!
russau

Postby Bonaro » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:43 pm

The hydroforce is nothing new...only refined and it does pretty well
If you apply enough horsepower to any venturi or nozzle jet it will suck material off a dry beach
The vortexrex is very simular to a hydroforce in concept except the vortexrex is waaay bigger
Bonaro

Next

Return to General Prospecting